Fritton Lake Retreats
Why Buy your own Retreat?
The Somerleyton Estate is a wild rump of land tucked between the North Sea & the River Waveney, formerly watery Viking Badlands, the estate has been more or less as it is now for over 700 hundred years and owned by some colourful figures along the way. For the last 150 or so years it has been successfully owned and managed by the Crossley family, currently Hugh & Lara Somerleyton.
Hugh & Lara weave together the underlying farming operation, which has a progressive and strong environmental ethos, together with a real love of hospitality, entertaining those who live, work & holiday on the estate through their two pubs, Somerleyton Hall & Gardens & the Fritton Lake Retreats project. The entire resort lies within The Fritton Lake nature reserve which is a heartfelt long term project and the core ethos is outdoorsy, foodie & friendly. We really hope you chose to own your retreat with us, see opposite some more reasons why you might or click below for more details.
BENEFITS OF BUYING
- Reassuring lifestyle purchase on family owned traditional country estate rather than a corporate owned leisure business
- Opportunity to ‘earn whilst you own’ by subletting your retreat & strong re-sale value
- No stamp duty or second home tax, compared to buying a buy-to-let or holiday home.
- A plethora of activities, including triathlon, open water swimming, trail running, cycling, horse riding, paddle boarding, farm, kids adventure play & decent golf courses close by.
- Foodie estate with two excellent pubs to entertain family & friends
- Luxury entertaining, parties & weddings at Somerleyton Hall
- Close to Norwich, Norfolk Broads, Southwold and Great Yarmouth beach!
- 2 hours from East London within 2 hours from Cambridge, Essex and Herts Fritton Arms
Fritton Arms Gastropub
Enjoy a drink and some locally sourced food at our nearby gastropub The Fritton Arms
What our guests say
“A very relaxing break with beautiful surroundings – would recommend to everyone.”
“Great home from home accommodation, beautiful setting and loved the wildlife.”
“This was a truly magical experience, a holiday enjoyed by all the family.”
“Stress seems to melt away the moment we arrive at our lodge and we are transported to a different world. We wish we had known about this lifestyle and invested in Fritton Lake years ago.”